Audrey Hepburn Photographs 1953-1966 | By Bob Willoughby

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Audrey Hepburn Photographs 1953-1966 | By Bob Willoughby

“I could never have guessed this when I first photographed her at Paramount Studios in 1953. The new girl in town. She had just completed the filming of Roman Holiday, and was at Paramount in Hollywood for publicity photographs.

I really didn’t know what quite to make of Audrey when I first saw her. She certainly was not the typical image of a young starlet, for that was what I had been sent to photograph. I watched her across the room as she was being photographed by Bud Fraker, and she did have something… but I couldn’t quite put my finger on it until I was finally introduced to her. Then that radiant smile hit me right between the eyes, warming me inside like a shot of whisky. That amazing instant contact she made, a remarkable gift that everyone who met her felt. She exuded some magic warmth that was hers alone.

Audrey Hepburn Photographs 1953-1966 | By Bob Willoughby Audrey Hepburn Photographs 1953-1966 | By Bob Willoughby Audrey Hepburn Photographs 1953-1966 | By Bob Willoughby

Happily our lives would intersect many times over the years we knew each other. Our first born would celebrate their first birthdays together, and I would photograph her in so many different places as you can see from this collection.

While many of these photographs of Audrey are well known, they have never before been seen together as a complete collection. I would like this book to be my salute to that magic sprite. A forest creature who, before one’s eyes, could transform herself into a princess. A rare human being, whom I respected and loved.”

Bob Willoughby: Audrey Hepburn. Photographs: 1953-1966 is published by Taschen.

Audrey Hepburn Photographs 1953-1966 | By Bob Willoughby Audrey Hepburn Photographs 1953-1966 | By Bob Willoughby Audrey Hepburn Photographs 1953-1966 | By Bob Willoughby Audrey Hepburn Photographs 1953-1966 | By Bob Willoughby Audrey Hepburn Photographs 1953-1966 | By Bob Willoughby

org posted by:// jelanie shop blog

No comments:

Post a Comment