Vintage Inspired Fashion: Valentino Spring 2013

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Valentino has won my heart again with a collection so undoubtedly inspired by the 1930s. The puffed sleeves, the breezy blouses, the bias cut skirts and dresses... There's a small nod to the late 1940s and early 1950s with the collars and fuller skirts, but it's these designs that really incorporate the 1930s that just tug at my heart strings.



I love when designers are inspired by silhouettes and details from different eras and the Valentino Spring 2013 collection is so perfectly spot on with the 30s details! Just in love with everything about it! Beautiful feminine clothing paired with simple hairstyles and minimal accessories. J'adore!



I also have to add that I LOVE this color palette! I really used to not like navy blue all that much, but after seeing it here paired with peach and nude...I have a new found love and appreciation for navy blue! So perhaps when I do my next vintage shop update with navy blues, I won't be so sour faced about it. *haha*



image source: Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment