Vintage 1920s + 1930s Clothing at the Vintage Expo

Sunday, February 3, 2013

I wasn't going to go to the Santa Monica Vintage Fashion Expo this past Saturday, but some other plans fell through, so then I decided to attend! And boy, am I glad I did! There were so many gorgeous frocks to be admired, tried on, and taken home! I was particularly enamored by all the floral silk chiffon 1920s and 1930s dresses and there are a few sellers that specialize in only these dresses!

Vintage 1930s dresses at the Santa Monica Vintage Expo, Feb 2013
These amazing dresses are all from Unforgettable Vintage who has a hearbreakingly beautiful collection of 1920s and 1930s frocks. She was very kind to let me photograph her vintage as some dealers don't allow photos (since many designers come here to poach design ideas but don't buy the pieces!) There were lots of gorgeous lace Victorian and Edwardian era dresses from one of my favorite vintage sellers 1860-1960 whom I also see quite often at Rose Bowl. Beth and Julie are the sweetest ladies and I always enjoy chatting with them about antiques and vintage! And lookie who I ran into! The one and only ginger haired Rebecca of Rococo Vintage!

Antique bags and accessories at the Santa Monica Vintage Expo, Feb 2013, Rebecca of Rococo Vintage and Rodellee from Adored Vintage
Vintage clothing and antiques at the Santa Monica Vintage Expo, Feb 2013 Vintage clothing and antiques at the Santa Monica Vintage Expo, Feb 2013 Vintage clothing and antiques at the Santa Monica Vintage Expo, Feb 2013 Vintage clothing and antiques at the Santa Monica Vintage Expo, Feb 2013 Vintage clothing and antiques at the Santa Monica Vintage Expo, Feb 2013 Vintage clothing and antiques at the Santa Monica Vintage Expo, Feb 2013

I can't remember which booths these dresses were all from, but I wasn't allowed to take as many photos as I would have liked as quite a few sellers didn't allow photos. I understand from a business perspective, but I also DON'T understand from a business perspective. I tried to explain to few sellers that I'm a seller myself and I write a vintage blog and just wanted to share, and while no one was outright rude about photography, I did feel some just weren't willing to listent to what I had to say. Oh well, can't win em all!

One of the reasons I LOVE this vintage show so much is because the vintage sellers bring the best of their best. It's like going into the MET Museum and being able to try on and BUY the clothes on display. I get quite emotional sometimes and I squeal and coo over vintage clothing like they are adorable puppies walking down the street.

If you follow Adored Vintage on Instagram you'll see some previews of the treasures I found that I will be adding into the shop soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment