Connect | The Word for 2014 + an Inspiring Start for the New Year

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A few weeks ago I met with several small business women here in Long Beach for a bit of spiced wine, homemade desserts, and to share stories and our journey as entrepreneurs. One of the ladies mentioned "her word" for 2014 and so did another gal. And I really thought about this for some time after the meeting since I had no idea what that one word for me would be.

Literally I was musing about this up until a week ago! What would my word be? A single word can be pretty damn powerful stuff! And somewhere in the back of my mind…c o n n e c t popped up.


And it popped up again. And again. Just sort of lingered there in the background until it came more CLEAR to me that what I wanted for 2014 was to CONNECT with everything in my life and in my business. I won't dig too deep into how dynamic this word means to me right now and how it absolutely seeps into everything aspect of my life in someway or other.


We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men; and among those fibers, as sympathetic threads, our actions run as causes, and they come back to us as effects.” - Herman Melville



No comments:

Post a Comment