Vintage Inspired Outfits | Backyard Tea

Thursday, March 14, 2013

A couple of weeks ago I was chatting with a girlfriend about hosting a party soon and it came to my mind to plan a good old fashioned tea party. Then I thought, well do women really like that sort of thing? Is it really old fashioned, do we even know how to have "proper" tea? I certainly don't, but I would love to learn!

Fast forward to the other evening I was meandering about the internet when I came across this vintage postcard of "The Old Ivy Cottage" and I wondered if it still existed in Nantucket, Massachusetts...
Vintage Inspired Outfits Backyard Tea
If I were to host a tea party I'd love to have tea in the backyard of this stunning ivy covered home amongst all those bright blossoms! Naturally my outfit would be inspired by modest styles from the 1950s and feminine details on a cardigan and sweet notes on the dress.

Would you attend a tea party?

Shop list here

No comments:

Post a Comment