What I Wore: Chloe Meets Vintage on St. Patrick's

Sunday, March 17, 2013

I honestly thought yesterday was St. Patrick's Day (posted St. Patrick's posts on facebook...whoops!), so this outfit was not chosen because today is St. Patrick's Day, but coincidentally, I was the greenest amongst friends today! I was at a worship/prayer workshop last night and was chatting with a friend and exclaimed "HA! you're not wearing green and it's St. Patrick's!" meaning to pinch him and he responded with "It's not until tomorrow!" So, joke was on me as I wore green yesterday as well!


I had planned to wear this outfit to a picnic party at the park, which got canceled at the last minute, oh well, I just looked quite festive! This vintage 1940s skirt is one of my favorites in my personal collection because it easily can be a modern day skirt. The giraffe print is amazing as is the small "bustle" detail in the back.

When I first noticed this CHLOE blouse I almost passed it up. I'm not really one to purchase expensive items for myself (let alone chartreuse!), but upon trying on the blouse, I immediately fell in love. I just LOVE the color, but have never ever worn it. This is the only yellow/green garment in my creams-peach-pink filled closet!


My favorite element of this blouse is guess... if you said the sleeves, by golly you've got it! I feel as if I should be writing poetry with a quill pen while wearing this blouse and I have to be honest that at one point today I was quite tempted to walk around with my hands on my waist as to show off my billowy sleeves. Haha!





So, there we have it...what I wore on St. Patrick's Day...an all green outfit without meaning to wear all green, but well, I just went with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment